Job Title: Office Manager
Reports to: President, EVP, Treasurer, Treasurer-elect Last Revised: August 2020
Junior League of the Palm Beaches, Inc.: The Junior League of the Palm Beaches, Inc. is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. For more information, please visit www.jlpb.org.
Summary: This individual is responsible for providing administrative support to the management team and board of directors of the Junior League of the Palm Beaches (JLPB). This individual must exhibit insight, anticipate the needs of the nonprofit management team and be attentive to details. Provides high caliber administrative services, ascertaining that all office matters run smoothly. Performs a broad array of administrative/ secretarial/clerical duties; maintains records, supports smooth ongoing office operations, follows established procedures and completes tasks and projects assigned in a timely fashion. The applicant may not be an Active or Sustaining member of JLPB or an immediate relative of one.
Work Schedule: Weekly hours will include Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 9:30 am-1:30 pm. Due to COVID, a set schedule for this position is difficult for both parties to sustain currently. JLPB and Employee agree to remain flexible with hours offered and required, along with day and time availability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs all tasks necessary to provide support to the management team and board of directors. This will include but not be limited to the following:
– Gathering and distributing mail.
– Answering and returning telephone calls.
– Data entry into Digital Cheetah and/or membership and fundraising databases.
– Running and providing fundraising and membership reports.
– Simple document preparation and duplication.
– Staff the JLPB receptionist desk.
– Process invoices and bills.
– Understanding and conceptualizing database input and basic program operations.
– Update JLPB website.
– Assist with online orders as requested from league members for use in their committee.
– Assist JLPB members with mailings and copying.
– Perform receptionist duties as scheduled and maintain email@example.com email address.
– Work on special projects as assigned by JLPB Officers.
MAINTAINS WORK FLOW
Schedules daily, weekly, monthly and periodic activities. Plans and arranges meetings. Makes certain that assignments are properly prioritized and accomplished on time. Performs word processing, proofreads, collates, and screens calls. Maintains up to date, accurate files and stores or disposes of outdated files in accordance with the policies/practices of this nonprofit.
PREVENTS ADMINISTRATIVE PROBLEMS
Keeps management apprised of needs, potential problems, and issues in a timely fashion so that these can be expeditiously resolved to result in successful production of work assigned within timeframes required.
BUILDING MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE
Keeps the building running efficiently, this includes ordering office and cleaning supplies for the use at JLPB’s Headquarters. Includes servicing of all elements in the building. And letting Board know when projects need to be added to the budget.
SUPPORTS COMMUNICATIONS EFFORTS
Disseminates information to internal and external individuals with a need to know. Interfaces with board members, members of this nonprofit, volunteers, and representatives of other entities on behalf of the this nonprofit, as instructed.
PRESERVES RECORDS AND MAINTAINS CONFIDENTIALITY
Maintains a working knowledge of information sources; verifyies accuracy of records. Exercises discretion and maintains strict confidentiality with respect to job-related communications, board matters, this non-profit management matters, donors/supporters, and this non-profit member information. Keeps in good order all records, files, reports, audit files, and so forth.
CONTRIBUTES TO TEAM EFFORTS
Accomplishes related duties as needed. Participates in achieving other workload deadlines for this nonprofit.
FINANCIAL CLERK/DATA ENTRY
Support the needs of the Bookeeper and Treasurer with data entry.
DIGITAL CHEETAH/JLPB DATABASE
Supports management team and board of directors with maintaining Digital Cheetah. This includes, but not limited to updating internal and external league calendars, taking payments over the phone, keeping membership data up-to-date, and assisting with projects as they arise throughout the league year.
● Associates degree in business or other relevant subject or equivalent, pertinent training/experience (bachelor’s degree preferred).
● Knowledge/experience working with a wide variety of individuals and confidential information preferred.
● Professional appearance and deportment with excellent communications skills—both written and verbal.
Specific requirements include:
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required. Knowledge of QuickBooks required and/or demonstrated ability to quickly learn and become adept with software applications.
- Emotionally mature, trustworthy, and upbeat individual with the ability to deal expertly with internal staff and a broad range of external contacts.
- Extremely practiced in accurate reporting, preparing correspondence, presentations, and other documents necessary for effective operations.
- Must be detail-oriented, precise, and proactive about keeping everything well-organized at all times.
- Demonstrated good judgment and proficiency in making reliably sensible travel arrangements.