The Junior League of the Palm Beaches is committed to developing the potential of women by providing a variety of training programs designed to empower our members as lifelong volunteers and community leaders.
JLPB members are provided with a variety of training opportunities throughout their membership. As New Members, women receive training on how to to be effective and informed volunteers, and throughout their active membership, women have several opportunities to attend a variety of sessions hosted by our Education & Training Committee. Recent sessions have included:
- Women on Board Leadership Academy
- Women & Entrepreneurship Training
- Florida Women on the Run
- Implicit Bias Training with Vicki Clark
- LGBTQ Cultural Competency Training
- 2021 Resume Trends & Interview Tips
- CPR Training
JLPB is an organization run by volunteers. Members have the opportunity to develop their potential as leaders by serving in leadership positions at every level of the organization, from Lead Actives and Chairs who oversee all of our committees and community projects to the Board of Directors who oversee the strategic direction of the League and the Management Team who manages League operations.
All members interested in leadership are provided with leadership training opportunities and mentorship throughout their time in the League.
As a member of Junior League of the Palm Beaches (JLPB), our members are also part of the Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. (AJLI). In addition to JLPB internal leadership and member trainings, we are fortunate to send select members annually for additional trainings hosted by AJLI, including:
- Leadership Conferences where members learn from nationally-recognized speakers about how to further their leadership skills
- Organizational Development Institutes (ODI) where members are provided mission-based training in key areas critical to the healthy functioning of a League