Membership in the Junior League of the Palm Beaches gives women the opportunity to give back to their community, develop their potential as leaders, and create lasting relationships with like-minded women. Membership begins with participation in a New Member class that runs from September through May.
Interested in becoming a member of the Junior League of the Palm Beaches? Click here for a New Member Application.
SPRING TERM 2024 are due January 15th, 2024
To be eligible for the 2023-2024 New Member class of the Junior League of the Palm Beaches you must:
1) Reach your 22nd birthday by May 31, 2023
2) Possess an interest in volunteer work
3) Possess a commitment to community service4) Possess an interest in developing your potential for voluntary community participation
New Member Commitments
The New Member year has two different class terms available to join.
- FALL TERM: Which runs from September-December. Details to be updated.
- SPRING TERM: Which runs from January-May 2024. With an APPLICATION DUE DATE of January 15, 2024.
During this time, every member is required to complete a training course that trains and educates the New Members to be effective and informed volunteers. New Members will learn about AJLI, the Junior League of the Palm Beaches, and the community it serves. New Members are encouraged to participate in League volunteering, fundraising events, and social functions. To ensure that all New Members receive the training needed to serve as effective, active members of the Junior League, participation in the following activities is required:
- New Member Meetings
- Attend at least 3 out of 4 monthly New Member Meetings at JLPB headquarters. Meetings will always be hosted at HQ the 1st Tuesday of every month of your term from 6–8:00 p.m. with a social from 6–6:30 and meeting from 6:30–8 p.m.
- General Member Meetings
- Attendance is required at 2 of the 4 General Member Meetings held each month at places in surrounding Palm Beach County. The meetings are on the second Tuesday of each month from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- New Member Project
- These projects will be available multiple times throughout our New Member term for you to volunteer at.
- As New Members approach completion of their New Member year, Active annual dues of $200 will be due April 15th for the forthcoming new league year. For example, annual dues will be due April 15th, 2024 for the 2024-2025 league year.
- New Members will be welcomed and introduced at the Holiday Luncheon as we look forward to welcoming you into the league come January. You will be honored and recognized at the completion of your term at the May Dinner fundraiser.
Upon completion of the New Member course in May, New Members will reach Active Member status. This means you can choose a committee, and vote during meetings.
If you would like to be added to our Friends of the Junior League of the Palm Beaches mailing list, please email email@example.com. The mailing list will alert you of activities the Junior League of the Palm Beaches holds throughout the year. As a member of the mailing list, you will also be invited to a mingle for prospective New Members.
New Members at the Quantum House
Boys and Girls Club Volunteering
Cafe Joshua Volunteers