To celebrate its 80th anniversary and 8 decades of voluntarism, the Junior League of the Palm Beaches hosted an entire day of service throughout Palm Beach County on February 20, 2021.
In collaboration with 10 community partners throughout Palm Beach County, more than 150 JLPB members volunteered more than 1,000 hours working to make a sizeable impact in just 8 hours. Activities throughout the day included:
- Gleaning with CROS Ministries
- Sorting school supplies with Red Apple Supplies, part of the Education Foundation of Palm Beach County
- Painting and refreshing the teen room at Florence A. De George Boys & Girls Club
- Gardening at Quantum House
- Creating STEM kits and refreshing the playground at the Cox Science Center and Aquarium (formerly South Florida Science Center and Aquarium)
- Beach cleanups with Loggerhead Marinelife Center
- Packing period supplies with the Alliance for Period Supplies at the Junior League of the Palm Beaches
- Virtual letter writing to soldiers with Forgotten Soldiers
We’d like to extend a special thank you to the United Way of Palm Beach County for their generous PPE donation!