Community Assistance Grant
The Junior League of the Palm Beaches has a rich history of identifying unmet needs in our local area, developing programs with impactful outcomes, and forming community partnerships to achieve our goals.
The purpose of the Community Assistance Grant is to identify and aid nonprofit agencies in Palm Beach County whose proposed funding would go towards one of the components of our mission. Preference will be given to those agencies focused on providing literacy and education based programs and / or initiatives for children and young adults.
The following organizations are ineligible for grants:
- Travel expenses and/or salaries
- Fundraising events
- Sectarian or religious projects
Every April, the Community Advisory Council votes to determine the recipients of our grants. The winners are eligible to receive up to $3,500 in financial aid toward a program or project. Winners will be announced, and checks will be presented to selected recipients during a Donor Relations Party.
Click here to download the 2023 grant application.
Applications are due no later than 5 p.m. E.D.T. on March 31, 2023.
2020-2021 Award Recipients
This year, we distributed $5,000 between two local organizations:
- Vita Nova ($2,500) – Vita Nova is a safe bridge to independence for former foster care, LGBTQ and other homeless youth through supportive housing, education, employment and life skills training. As the voice of homeless young adults, Vita Nova is working to eliminate homelessness for youth ages 18 to 25 years old in Palm Beach County. Funds will be used to support Vita Nova’s “No Child Homeless” campaign to help provide housing, food, transportation and more for local homeless youth.
- Path to College ($2,500) – Path to College is an organization of professionals and active community members committed to making our communities better through the advancement of higher education. They invest in the next generation of leaders by helping them trudge the path to college while acquiring as many skills, learning experiences, and chances to give back as possible. Funds will be used to support their EdTalk Public Speaking Program, where students will prepare a public speech to learn persuasive public speaking skills, educate the listener about a community issue, and develop confidence.
2019-2020 Award Recipients
Distribution of the 2019-2020 Community Assistance Grant coincided with start of the COVID-19 pandemic in early 2020. As a result, JLPB awarded grants to the following organizations:
- $2,500 was allocated to Best Buddies, one of JLPB’s Diversity & Inclusion Community Partners.
- $22,500 was donated to the Town of Palm Beach United Way, which started a COVID-19 Emergency Fund where every dollar donated was matched. This means our gift of $22,500 was matched and became $45,000 to help numerous organizations.