Membership in the Junior League of the Palm Beaches gives women the opportunity to give back to their community, develop their potential as leaders and create lasting relationships with like-minded women. Membership begins with participation in a New Member Class that runs from September through May. Learn more about our new member commitments here.
Interested in becoming a member of the Junior League of the Palm Beaches? Click here for a New Member Application.
Click here for the New Member Application.
SPRING TERM 2024 are due November 30th, 2023
To be eligible for the 2023-2024 New Member Class of the Junior League of the Palm Beaches you must:
1) Reached your 22nd birthday by May 31, 2023.
2) Possess an interest in volunteer work.
3) Possess a commitment to community service.
4) Possess an interest in developing your potential for voluntary community participation.
New Member Commitments
The New Member year has two different class terms available to join.
- FALL TERM: Which runs from September-December 2023. With an APPLICATION DUE DATE of August, 1st, 2023.
- SPRING TERM: Which runs from January-May 2024. With an APPLICATION DUE DATE of January 15, 2024.
During this time, every member is required to complete a training course that trains and educates the New Members to be effective and informed volunteers. New Members will learn about AJLI, Junior League of the Palm Beaches, and the community it serves. New Members are encouraged to participate in League volunteering, fundraising events and social functions. To ensure that all New Members receive the training needed to serve as effective active members of the Junior League, participation in the following activities is required (as described in detail in the application):
- Attendance is required at 3 of the 4 New Member meetings. Meetings will always be hosted at Head Quarters the 1st Tuesday of every month of your term from 6:00pm-8:00pm (6:00 – 6:30 social, 6:30 – 8:00 meeting).
- New Members are required to complete one New Member Project. These projects will be available multiple times throughout our New Member term for you to volunteer at.
- New Members will also be required to fulfill their Community Projects Fundraising Commitment of $100 which is due on 5/21/24.
- As New Members approach completion of their New Member year, Active annual dues of $200 will be due April 15th for the forthcoming new league year. For example, Annual Dues will be due April 15, 2024 for the 2024-2025 league year.
- FALL TERM New Members will be honored and recognized at our Holiday Luncheon Fundraiser in December celebrating them as they have completed their New Member term. SPRING TERM New Members will be welcomed and introduced at the Holiday Luncheon as we look forward to welcoming you in to the league come January. They will be honored and recognized at the completion of their term at the May Dinner Fundraiser.
Upon completion of the New Member course in December (FALL TERM) and June (SPRING TERM), New Members will reach Active member status.
If you would like to be added to our Friends of the Junior League of the Palm Beaches mailing list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The mailing list will alert you of activities the Junior League of the Palm Beaches holds throughout the year. As a member of the mailing list, you will also be invited to a mingle for prospective New Members.
New Members at the Quantum House
Boys and Girls Club Volunteering
Cafe Joshua Volunteers