The Junior League of the Palm Beaches is fully committed to doing our part during these unique and challenging times. To minimize exposure of COVID-19 amongst our members, partners, and community, we have taken several precautionary measures and suspended most in-person events and programming.
What We’re Doing
As we continue to monitor the situation, we remain focused on our mission and have made changes to ensure we are continuing to help the Palm Beach County community while practicing “social distancing” and other safe practices. We have also continued to assist our community during this time. Some of our efforts include:
- Period supply donations – we have donated menstrual pads to women in need through Feeding South Florida and Northend RISE.
- Funding Grants – Our Board of Directors voted to award a total of $25,000 to Best Buddies and United Way of Palm Beach Coronavirus Relief Fund through our annual community assistance grant program. With the help of our funds, the United Way is able to donate nonperishable food to local food banks, as well as surgical gloves and masks to The Caridad Center, Florida’s largest free clinic.
- Helping Children in Need
- Our Done In a Day (DIAD) committee purchased tablets for the Education Foundation of Palm Beach County’s Device Drive for students in Palm Beach County who do not have computer access.
- Our GEMS committee has purchased several board games, card games, coloring books, and colored pencil sets for the young women incarcerated at the Palm Beach County Juvenile Detention Center.
- Our Kids in the Kitchen committee has been providing healthy snacks and activities for the kids at Quantum House, a temporary home for families whose children are currently hospitalized.
- The children at the Florence De George Boys and Girls Club also received care packages filled with healthy snacks, books, legos, coloring sets, bubbles, jump ropes, fidget spinners, and more!
How You Can Help
Stay Informed – Our government and health officials are working hard to keep everyone safe. Stay informed on closings and local orders by visiting:
- Palm Beach County
- Palm Beach County Orders and Updates
- Florida Department of Public Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Care for Yourself and Your Family – Help others by keeping yourself and your family healthy. Practice:
Resources from Our Community Partners
- Feeding South Florida COVID-19 Response
- Palm Beach County Food Bank
- Resources from Cros Ministries
- Boys & Girls Club at Home
- Virtual Science from the South Florida Science Center and Aquarium
- Virtual Coastal Classroom from Loggerhead Marinelife Center
To make a donation to Junior League of the Palm Beaches, please click HERE.